Chocolate Oreo Cake
Warning: Use of undefined constant HTTP_HOST - assumed 'HTTP_HOST' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home2/greenyar/public_html/wp-content/plugins/theia-post-slider/TpsContent.php on line 19
Warning: Use of undefined constant REQUEST_URI - assumed 'REQUEST_URI' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home2/greenyar/public_html/wp-content/plugins/theia-post-slider/TpsContent.php on line 19
This Chocolate Oreo Cake is to die for! A moist chocolate cake full of Oreo icing! And not just any Oreo icing – it is FULL of crushed up Oreos. An Oreo lover’s dream.
Chocolate Oreo Cake
Serves: 3 layered, 9 inch cake
- Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups (260g) flour
- 2 cups (414g) sugar
- ¾ cup (85g) Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup (240ml) boiling water
- Oreo Icing
- 1½ cups (336g) butter
- 1½ cups (284g) shortening
- 8-9 cups (920g-1035g) powdered sugar
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs (about 30 Oreos)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-7 tbsp (90ml-105ml) water
- 5 Oreos, chopped, optional
- NOTE: You’ll need at least one full package of Oreos. If you plan to decorate the outside of the cake with more Oreos and crumbs, as shown, you might need a second package.
- Prepare three 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom, and grease the sides.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into three 9 inch cakes pans and bake at 300 degrees for about 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Make icing while cakes cool. Beat together butter and shortening until smooth.
- Slowly add 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla and Oreo crumbs and mix until smooth.
- Add another 4-5 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add water or milk until you get a smooth consistency.
- Set aside about 3½ cups of icing for the filling inside the cake and add chopped Oreos, if using.
- Once cakes are cool, remove cake domes from top with a large serrated knife.
- Place first layer of cake on cake plate. Spread ½ of the icing with the chopped Oreos on top in an even layer.
- Add second layer of cake and add the rest of the of icing with chopped Oreos on top in an even layer.
- Add final layer of cake on top and ice the outside of the cake with remaining icing.
- Finish cake off with chopped Oreos and crumbs, if desired.
← Previous Story Italian Sponge Cake (Pan di Spagna)