Just Like Your Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Casserole
Nothing says comfort like a plate of this Chicken Noodle Casserole. It’s creamy and easy to make and full of flavors. A dish just like grandma would make.
Just Like Your Grandma's Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 6 oz egg noodles
- 15 oz cooked chicken (leftover, canned or rotisserie), diced
- 1 C frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ C sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¾ C milk (I use 1%)
- ½ C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ C dry seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 T butter, melted
- 2 T parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 and prepare an 8x8 baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Prepare noodles according to package instruction, except undercook them by about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, cheese and seasonings. Fold in chicken and peas and finally the cooked noodles.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients and then sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes until crumbs are browned and casserole is bubbly.
← Previous Story Wild Rice Stuffed Salmon